Join us on Wednesday 1st April for a April Fools Special.
An evening of making comedy with like-minded individuals who enjoy a laugh, whilst developing skills and memorable social connections.
Usually done face to face, this innovative Virtual Dating will intrigue; this is a stand-up workshop with a difference: you’re sat down, isolated – but still connected – Get your VLIRT on!
Maggie Irving of Comedy Matters last Pi Society face-to-face comedy workshop was a great success, with Pi Society members connecting, having a laugh and really getting to know each other. And now with social distancing – not hugging, kissing etc – the session is moving on-line and you’re all invited – Get your VLIRT on!
Why this is for you?
• Bored at home?
• Want to see old or new friendly faces?
• Need to laugh
• Skirting boards cleaner than they’ve ever been?
What do you need?
• Zoom downloaded
• Notepad and pen
• An open mind (and a Heineken because it refreshes the parts..)
Rules for Get your VLIRT on
1. Don’t try to be funny – you will be given comedy tips to make it funny
2. Express your point of view – speak from the heart – make it sound truthful
3. Don’t judge yourself – ditch the social editor
4. Censorship and Respect – you might not find some material funny or like it. Support others’ commitments and efforts
5. Try to look into the eye of the camera as much as possible when speaking, not to the screen – especially on punch lines (don’t worry, its an easy discipline to learn).
To learn more about Dr Maggie Irving and Comedy Matters please do check out her website; https://drmaggieirving.blogspot.com/