Pi Society Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions
1.1 These terms and conditions govern your use of www.pisociety.co.uk (or such other URL that we may use to provide the service from time to time, including but not limited to www.pisociety.co.uk), and your membership or attendance at events of Pi Society.
1.2 Please read these terms and conditions and ensure that you have understood them. When using particular Pi Society services or other items provided by Pi Society, you will be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted on the website from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into these terms and conditions.
1.3 Pi Society (the Company) is in the business of providing services to individuals to enable them to meet other people. In the case of our Introduction & Matchmaking service we specifically endeavour to enable them to meet other people for the purpose of entering into a long-term relationship.
Our business premises are located at Orchard View, Three Horseshoe Lane, Cowley Exeter EX5 5EU
Contact details: Office: 01392 241142
2.1 By applying to become a member of our Introduction & Matchmaking service or to attend an event, you warrant and represent to us that:
2.2 You are at least 30 years old and unattached at date of application
2.3 You have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and be bound by this agreement;
2.3 You have not been made subject to a Sex Offender Preventative Order or have/have had a restraining order made against you by the courts of any jurisdiction;
2.4 You have not been convicted of any offence relating to violence or sexual harassment and/or any offence under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 or the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (or under any statutory enactment replacing and/or amending such Acts); and/or
2.5 You have not been subject to any injunction or any order to pay damages under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 or the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (or under any statutory enactment replacing and/or amending such Acts).
2.6 If you are not able or not willing to give the warranties and representations set out above then you must not apply to become a Member or attend an Event.
- Terms of Agreement
3.1 If you are applying to become a member of our Introduction & Matchmaking Service or are attending an event, you agree to be bound by this agreement.
3.2 `This agreement (as amended by us from time to time) shall apply to the exclusion of any other terms or conditions and you agree to abide by it.
3.3 The website is provided for the personal use of individuals only and you may not use the website in connection with any commercial venture.
3.4 You do have to be a member of our Introduction & Matchmaking Service to attend our events.
3.5 You may only become a member of our Introduction & Matchmaking Service when approved by Pi Society
3.6 Unless stated otherwise, any new features that alters or enhances the services, including the release of new services, shall be subject to this agreement. We may add, delete or change some or all of the services provided as part of the services at any time.
3.7 Our associates, employees, sub-contractors and/or agents are not authorised to make any representations or warranties concerning the services unless confirmed by us in writing.
3.8 We shall have the right at our option to refuse to grant applications for membership at any time without explanation or mark them as deferred.
3.9 No application for membership shall be deemed to be accepted by us until you have received confirmation of your membership from us by e-mail.
- Price and Payment
4.1 The Price and any variations thereof shall be shown on the Website and on the event booking form
4.2 You shall pay the price to us under this agreement by the means of payment specified on the website.
4.3 In exchange for the Introduction & Matchmaking Services, the Client agrees to pay the Fee, as outlined in the Agreement by PayPal or Gocardless. This is to be paid in full before any Service is provided by the Company. Pre-contract information will be provided to the Client in a durable medium (i.e. by email or text or paper). Cancellation rights apply to off-premises or distance contracts only (i.e. when the contract is not signed at our business premises). In this case you have 14 days in which to change your mind from date of agreeing and receive a full refund. Please note that no work will be carried out on your behalf until the expiration of the 14 day cancellation period. Should you wish the service to commence with the 14 day cancellation period you may give us your explicit consent in writing. In this case, should you later cancel within the cancellation period, you will have to pay for any services delivered until the point at which you cancel.
- Use of the Services
5.1 We provide the services on or via this website aimed at advertising events and services for unattached people
5.2 If you arrange any meetings with any person through your use of the services of Pi Society then you do so at your own risk. You should take reasonable precautions to ensure your safety.
5.3 You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any inappropriate behaviour in connection with the services.
5.4 You must not provide any false information in respect of your name, age, marital status or location to us. In the event that we have reason to suspect that you have provided such false information, we reserve the right to request proof of the suspected false information. If you fail to provide such proof requested by us within 7 days, we reserve the right to terminate your membership.
6.1 We reserve the right at our sole and absolute discretion and for whatever reason to:
6.2 accept or reject your application for registration to an Event; and/or
6.3 refuse your attendance at any event;
6.4 eject you from an event.
6.5 On purchase of a ticket to an event through the website, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your payment and your place on the event.
6.6 We shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that events are conducted on the date specified on our website, but we shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs or expenses incurred by you should we change the date and/or time of the event.
6.7 We reserve the right to invite media to attend events and to publish photographs
6.8 We cannot verify the personal details of those participating in an event. It is up to you to verify personal information to your own satisfaction. Please approach any contact with participants at one of our events with the same caution you would undertake when meeting other people, you do not know.
6.9 When booking an event, you are required to supply contact details. If we are forced to cancel an event due to circumstances beyond our control, we will make every effort to contact you before the arranged event if possible.
However, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for people who arrive at the event. Refunds if applicable will be processed in due course or you will be given an alternative to transfer to another event.
7 Cancellation by you – Payments are non-refundable but may be transferred to a future event occurring within three calendar months.
You will not:
- misuse in any way the services or use the content on the website other than for the purposes contemplated in this agreement;
- in any way assign, transfer, part with and/or authorise any other person to use your membership;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- engage in commercial activities and/or sales, including but not limited to contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes, without our prior written consent;
- be knowingly defamatory, disparaging of or derogatory to any other member.
- The Member ID and password and promotional code, if allocated, are personal to you and are not transferable. You are responsible for keeping them secure and for any use of the services including any activities by anyone using Your Member ID and/or password.
- You should protect against unauthorised access to your computer. Ensure that you sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- You must notify us immediately of any apparent breach of security such as loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure or use of Your Member ID or password, if allocated, and in such cases you should immediately amend your password using the services.
Pi Society are registered with the Information Commissioners Office, ICO Registration Number CSN3046309. Personal Content collected from you will be held confidentially and used solely for the purpose of Pi Society membership and events. In the case of our Introduction & Matchmaking services, whether you are a paying client or a member of our pool of potential introductions, you agree to us issuing a personal profile that will be initially anonymous together with your photograph, as this is essential to providing the Services. All parties agree that all information furnished to him/her, or to which the Client has access to under an agreement, shall be kept confidential and shall remain the proprietary information and exclusive property of the Company. Your information will not be shared with any other party unless instructed by you in writing.
Functioning of the Services
- The services are provided in their current form and we do not guarantee or warrant that the services or any element of the services will meet your requirements, purpose and/or expectations.
- We do not guarantee or warrant that any of the content provided in or via the services is accurate or reliable. You rely on it at your own risk.
- Due to the nature of the internet, we do not provide any warranty or guarantee in respect of the results, availability, and/or uninterrupted use of the services but we will use our reasonable endeavours to rectify serious faults as soon as reasonably practicable.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the services provided that they do not have a material adverse effect on the quality of the services.
- We reserve the right to suspend the services without notice for repair, maintenance or other technical reasons.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Confidentiality
- As between you and us, All Intellectual Property Rights in connection with the services shall be owned by us absolutely.
You are expressly prohibited from:
reproducing, copying, editing, transmitting, uploading or incorporating into any other materials, any of the Website;
removing, modifying, altering or using any intellectual property in connection with the services and doing anything which may be seen to take unfair advantage of the reputation and goodwill of the website or could be considered an infringement of any of the Intellectual Property Rights owned and/or licensed to us without first obtaining the written permission of the owner of the intellectual property.
Third Party Websites
We may link to third party websites. We do not endorse or recommend such websites and you must satisfy yourself that any goods or services referred to thereon are suitable for your requirements. These are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the contents on such third party websites. As we have no control over such external sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such external sites or resources.
You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such external sites or resources. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its respective site administrator or web master.
Limitations on Liability
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis;
- We are not responsible for any content and assume no responsibility for and make no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, reliability or usefulness of information distributed through the services;
- We make no warranty that the services will meet your requirements
- We shall have no Liability to You:
- if any monies owed by you to us have not been paid in full by the due date for payment;
arising out of your use of the services and/or your reliance on any content posted
- for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses;
- for any delay in performance of this service and/or any other matters to the extent that such events and/or matters are due to any events outside our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, terrorism, governmental actions and any other similar events.
- You shall give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are liable before you incur any costs and/or expenses in remedying the matter yourself. If you do not do so we shall have no liability to you.
- You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us against any and all losses, proceedings, lost profits, damages, awards, expenses, costs (including increased administration costs and legal costs on a full indemnity basis), claims, actions and any other losses and/or liabilities suffered by us and arising from and/or relating to:
- Your use of any of the Services
- Cancellation / Termination / Suspension
- You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, effective upon:
- Receipt by us of your email notice of termination, sent to our email address; and in the event of such termination by you:
- Membership fees are non-refundable. Cancellation rights apply to our Introduction & Matchmaking agreement if signed off our business premises. The cancellation period is 14 days in which time a full refund will be given. See details under Price & Payment above.
- Provided the Term of any Introduction & Matchmaking agreement has not expired or the Agreement has not otherwise been terminated, the Client shall have a singular right to suspend the Term for up to three months by giving notice in writing by email to email@example.com . If the Client fails to provide notice regarding the lifting of the suspension period, the suspension period will automatically lapse after the three month period. During the suspension period the Company will not provide any services to the client. Membership fees are non-refundable unless within the 14 day cancellation period.
- Upon giving you notice by email, we may at any time and without cause, terminate this agreement with you, deny you access to events on provision of reasonable notice.
- We may terminate the agreement with you with immediate effect in the event that:
- You fail to make any payment to us when due;
- You breach the terms of this agreement;
- You have been previously, or are at any time during the term of this Agreement, made subject to any of the orders or convicted of any of the offences referred to above.
- If any of the events set out above occurs in relation to you then you will not be entitled to any refund of monies paid and you shall not attempt to use the services or re-join as a member. In addition, should we, in our sole discretion and upon further investigation, have any reason to believe that any complaints are of a serious nature (which may include allegations of any offences described above), we reserve the right to submit our findings to the police.
- This agreement continues for so long as you are a member.
- The content may include facts, views, opinions, advice and recommendations. These views, opinions, advice and recommendations are not endorsed by us and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable on account of the accuracy, defamatory nature, completeness, timeliness or otherwise of the content provided on the website.
- The Website may contain errors and, from time to time, may not be accessible by users or members. The content provided on the website by us is intended as information only and does not constitute advice. Therefore, it must not be relied on to assist in making or refraining from making a decision, or to assist in deciding on a course of action.
- We are not responsible for injuries arising out of the use of alcohol or drugs.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Pi Society at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may give notice to you at the e-mail address you provide to us when registering for our services in proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
We may alter or amend this Agreement by giving reasonable notice. By continuing to use the services after expiry of the notice period, you will be deemed to have accepted any amendment to this agreement. If, on receipt of such notice, you wish to terminate your agreement with us you may do so by giving us not less than seven (7) days’ notice, such termination to take effect on the date upon which the amended agreement would otherwise have come into effect.
The terms ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ refers to Pi Society, as defined under the applicable terms and conditions.
We uphold the strictest of standards with respect to protection of privacy and of personal information, and have made a notification to the UK Information Commissioner, under the registration number: ZA236500. Our technical teams do their utmost to ensure the safety of our sites. Internet security is a complex issue and no system can be considered 100% secure. Should a security breach occur we will endeavour to act as fast as possible to remedy the problem.
Some information, comments or content (e.g. photographs, video, profile, lifestyle) that the Member optionally provides may possibly, under the responsibility and on the initiative of the Member concerned, reveal the ethnic origin of the Member, his/her nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation. By providing such optional information, the Member concerned confirms his/her intention and, consequently, expressly consents to, and takes sole responsibility for, the processing of this mentioned “sensitive” data by us.
Each Member can access or request access to information concerning him/her in order to have it modified, deleted or to forbid any further use by us of it. Members can submit such requests for access by mailing their requests to the following address: Pi Society, Orchard View, Three Horseshoe Lane, Cowley, Exeter UK or by filling out the contact forms, and each Member shall carefully identify the sender’s personal information.
With regards to Pi Society or Pi Society Compatibility Test, the mandatory aspect of each answer will be specified for each question. The very nature of the Pi Society Service or Pi Society Compatibility Test requires a majority of answers in order to be effective.
Each Member can, at the time of registration or at any time thereafter, request to receive and, subsequently, request without charge via the applicable Pi Society Website to cease to receive, our newsletters and/or promotional offers sent to her/him by email or to mobile phone from Pi Society. The rights and warranties of Pi Society Members comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 implementing the EU Directive 95/46/EC dated 24 October 1995 on the protection of personal data and privacy within the European Union; and The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 implementing the EU Directive 2000/31/EC dated 8 June 2000 on electronic commerce and EU Directive 2002/58/EC dated 12 July 2002 on the protection of personal data and privacy in electronic communications.
1. When and why do we gather information about you?
The Member is asked to supply information about himself/herself when he/she registers with the Service, participates in a contest, responds to a survey, participates in a chat or acquires a subscription. Certain items of information are mandatory in order to gain access to Services.
We have the ability to retain your contact details should you input them on our website even if you do not complete your registration.
2. What sort of information do we gather?
Personal information gathered by us can include your name, mailing and/or email address, fixed line and/or mobile telephone numbers, photographs, personal values, interests, proof of identification and your use of the Service.
Furthermore, certain non-personal information is also gathered, such as the version of the Member’s and any other visitor’s web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.), the operating system (WindowsOS, Mac Os, etc.) and the IP address of the computer from which they are visiting.
3. Who has access to your information?
The information gathered about you when you register with Pi Society and subscribe to our Services is used to offer you our different Services. All precautions have been taken on our databases to archive your information in a secure environment. Only a small number of our employees have access to your information, which is only accessible in case of necessity. The personal information you provide at the time of registration which does not comprise your personal profile will not be accessible by third parties, nor passed on, sold or exchanged, except in the cases named below and subject to your prior notification and agreement.
The information contained in your personal profile can be accessed by only employees of Pi Society and those who have been personally matched to by Pi Society’s Dating Consultants and not through any newsletters or third-party websites.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the data controllers of the Pisosiety Ltd, trading as Pi Society (registered office address: Kemp House 152-160 City Road, London, England, EC1V 2NX United Kingdom & registered number 10554539).
If you no longer wish for Pi Society to pass on the information comprised in your personal profile, your search criteria, you can terminate your Pi Society account by emailing email@example.com.